Can you feel the itch of your naked pen? Or perhaps the tingle in your bare fingers?
Irish Naturist Association invites you to enter our NATURIST SHORT STORY COMPETITION!
Who can participate?
Everybody over 18. Members and non members of the association are eligible to enter.
Between 1,000 and 3,000 words approximately.
Fiction, any subgenre: mystery, romance, horror, historical, science-fiction etc.
Any particular requirement?
Related to Ireland either by setting or through one of the characters.
And, of course, it has to have a positive naturist message.
Only original works that have not been previously published.
Any format welcome: pdf, word, etc.
Where to send it to?
25 December 2020
Free 2021 INA membership for all contestants.
Free entry to all INA activities in 2021 for the winner.
H&E Naturist Magazine will publish the winner (with real name, pseudonym or no name, as wished).
The best stories will also be published in the blog of Irish Naturist Association.
Members of the jury?
– Sam Hawcroft, editor of H&E Magazine
– Alex Hijmans, writer/journalist
– Dominique Cleary, writer/mediator/yoga teacher
– Dr. Georgina Lock, writer/actress/film-maker/creative writing teacher
– Carmel Kelly, librarian/author
– Lynn Buckle, author
– Fred Cummins, professor/linguist/philosopher/cognitive scientist
– Ted Bun, naturist fiction writer and owner of naturist holiday home L’Olivette
– Robert G. Longpré, naturist author/retired educator and mental health counsellor
– Wallace Greensage, naturist fiction writer/history professor
– P.Z. Walker, naturist fiction writer
– Cathal O’Connor, journalist
– Martin Meenan, playwright/English teacher
– Stephen Matthews, archaeologist/former INA president
– Tim Forcer, H&E naturist book reviewer
– David Harrington, educationalist/creative writer
NEW! THE JURY’S VERDICT IS NOW AVAILABLE!
WE WILL HAVE A ZOOM MEETING TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE STORIES ON FRIDAY 23 APRIL 2021.
2 thoughts on “Short story competition”
Hello. Mercedes Carbayo Abengozar and Leticia have asked me to sit on the jury as I am an award winning writer/actress/film-maker. I also taught creative writing in various universities, most recently Nottingham Trent.
It is taking so long to judge this that I am wondering if the dog ate everyone’s homework!